No products in the cart.
So the baby shower is over and her due date is almost here. You would like to do something to help the new mom-to-be, but you don’t want to intrude during those first few trying yet blissful weeks. She’s loaded up with 2 of everything that was on her registry plus plenty of things that weren’t. You think to yourself…what can I do to help but not overstep?
The important thing to do is to focus on mom and what she needs and wants. Here are a few ideas we came up with that should help take some stress off momma.
- The freezer is filled with casseroles, and that’s great, but what about easy snack food for mom. She’s not always going to have time to fix something for herself but we all know its’s important to keep mom hydrated and well nourished, especially if she is nursing. Fresh fruit is a great option. It’s easy to eat, refreshing and fights constipation (a common side effect after birth). Bring her a big bowl of strawberries, blueberries or her favorite fruits. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the fruit to help keep it from browning. Cheese cubes, string cheese, roasted nuts, granola, veggies and dip, hummus and mini muffins are some other great foods that can easily be eaten when you only have one hand available!
- Give mom a “lazy day kit.” Instead of getting overwhelmed with dishes and diapers, give her a package of recycled, disposable utensils, paper plates, napkins, paper towels, disposable diapers and wipes. Even if she is one of the greenest people you know, give her your permission to use them guilt-free! She’ll need a break eventually!
- The new baby gets spoiled with tons of gifts so why not give mom a special gift. A soft and fluffy new bathrobe, pretty pajamas or a nursing accessible shirt or dress. Wearing new pretty things makes every woman feel better. Give her one of your favorite books or a gift card for her Kindle. Out of Ideas? Check her Pinterest or Amazon accounts for wish list items such as jewelry, handmade lotions, soaps and candles.
- Hydration is often a forgotten piece of the food train but it can be a creative new treat for mom. There are a million new smoothie recipes out there, surprise her with a couple new ones a week, this is a treat for mom and gives her essential nutrients she needs. Fresh squeezed juice, sparkling water or lemonade are all good ideas too, but don’t forget she may want to feel like a normal human being again so a cold beer or bottle of wine are great options as well!
- Gift certificates for a massage, mani/pedi, chiro adjustment, haircut and style or a house cleaning. Most likely they will sit somewhere and not get used….unless you offer to go with mom! She won’t want to hire a babysitter and leave her baby at home. Knowing baby is with someone she trusts just a few feet from her in case she is needed will really help her relax!
What unique ideas have you given a new mom? We’d love to hear your ideas!